21 April 2015

A Reality Check One Veteran’s Views on Driving Positive Change


This is not Bryan Shaw. It is not Anna Granville, either. Just some random person saluting who doesn’t need a disclaimer. 

The following post was written by guest author Bryan Shaw, a former active duty officer. He currently lives in Austin, Texas where he works for Dell as a Senior Marketing Manager. The views contained within this post are his own.

I left the US Army in 2009 as a Captain with exactly four years of service. At the earliest possible opportunity, I submitted my Release from Active Duty(REFRAD) paperwork. Why? I didn’t want to be in the Army anymore. That was my graceful exit.

Recently, Anna Granville posted the four reasons why she is leaving the Navy. Unfortunately, I fear that this approach perilously straddles the fine line between wanting to drive positive change and complaining.

To be clear, these are discussions we need to have. But it is time for a reality check on the issues and on how we try to solve them.

No comments: